Sandy Island - 2022 issues
Commemorative Issue "Australian Animals"
To continue the Sandy Island tradition of stamps depicting animals, and as the island is located in the vicinity of Australia, it was decided to issue a series of stamps showing Australian animals. The series was printed by Chan Hui Shudian Printing S.A., Waikoa Island, near New Zealand, like most previous issues. The photos of the animals were taken in 2002 and 2008 by Musogradian "FEMA" expeditions to Australija. The following animals are depicted:
- Rs 0.60 - Eastern Quoll (Dasyurus viverrinus), Cradle Mountain, TAS
- Rs 1.10 - Pair of Western Grey Kangaroos (Macropus filiginosus), Healesville Sanctuary, VIC
- Rs 2.40 - Pair of Black Swans (Cygnus atratus), Healesville Sanctuary, VIC
- Rs 3.50 - Koala (Phascolarctos cinereus), Yanchep NP, WA
The stamps were printed in combination sheetlets with all 4 motives, containing 2 stamps of each motive and 4 of the Rs 3.50 stamp.
For a small number of the combination sheetlets, one of the Rs 3.50 stamps was overprinted with a bar pattern for administrative reasons.
The specifications of the stamps are:
- Printed on gummed heavy matt paper
- Line perforation
- Designed by J.Schwarz
- Colour laser printing by Chan Hui Shudian Printing S.A., Minaue, Waikoa Island
- Printing run 50 combination sheetlets (currently, 2nd shipment expected)
- Issue date 2022.12.09
- Values: 0.60 / 1.10 / 2.40 / 3.50 Rs
- Currently valid
- Order Number SI-202101 - full set of single stamps (CW 7.60)
- Order Number SI-202101-MS - combination sheetlet (CW 20.00)
- Order Number SI-202101-MS - combination sheetlet with one 3.50 stamp overprinted (CW 20.00)